Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > The Second Seduction of a Lady

The Second Seduction of a Lady by Miranda Neville

Oct 21, 12

bookshelves: edelweiss, historical-romance, reading-romances-challenge-2012, review-on-blog
Read from October 17 to 19, 2012

The Second Seduction of a Lady is a historical novella that introduces a new series by Miranda Neville, The Wild Quartet. Eleanor is a woman firmly "on the shelf" and against the institution of marriage. She occupies her time by visiting relatives and helping out her many cousins. While visiting one of these cousins, Eleanor runs into the man who managed to seduce her and use her years before. Max knew he made mistakes with Eleanor, but he has never gotten over her and he is determined to make the most of his second chance, which proves to be more difficult than he could have anticipated.

I really enjoyed Eleanor's character, I understood her negative feelings about marriage (even though I didn't necessarily agree) and I like that she is an independent woman. She manages to do what she pleases and still be part of society. Neither Eleanor or Max are high up in the Ton, they are people who are easy to relate to. Max proved to be very dedicated to winning Eleanor over and I always love it when a man has to work to win his lady.

The Second Seduction of a Lady is a quick read, but the antics of Eleanor's cousin and Max's attempts to win Eleanor are amusing and enjoyable to read. I did not have any issues with the story, but at the same time it did not amaze me. The story is simple, yet enjoyable and provides a nice prelude to an upcoming series. I enjoyed the writing, the characters, and the story and will likely read book 1 in The Wild Quartet Series, The Importance of Being Wicked, when it debuts in late November.

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Seduction of a Lady.