Lily's Reviews > Perfect You

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Jan 19, 09

Read in January, 2009

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott is a teen novel examining the issue of identity in a teenager's life. At one point in the novel, the main character decides that it would be best if she kept to herself rather than continuing the outgoing lifestyle she had always been taught to lead.
This, I believe, is a common feeling among teenagers who lost something important to them like the protagonist of thie novel by Elizabeth Scott.
It is interesting to me, to think about the choice of keeping to oneself or connect with others. I'm not sure if i agree with the notion this novel portrays that maybe the "perfect person" is one that is kept away from the rest of the world in order to remain perfect in the mind of oneself and not even have the chance to be put down by society. It may seem easier to keep to yourself so that you can believe you are perfect in your own mind, because no one can tell you otherwise (you, yourself wouldn't do this of course, however, sometimes shelter from the community deepens the feeling of not belonging.
I recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys coming of age teen novels, or likes books by Sarah Dessen (because the writing style seems pretty similar to me).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect You.