Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Willow Rose

Oct 17, 2012

Broken (Daughters of the Jaguar, #2)Broken by Willow Rose

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This 2nd installment into the series was a vast improvement over book 1 but to be honest there was a lot of "world building" that had to be done on the history of all the characters in that first book, with that out of the way the author was able to get into the meat of the story in in this second book in a much better manner. This is not a rosy story, it is a story of myriad plots, the paranormal parts, the unrequited love story, the human drama and the fact that the authors pulls it all together in a entertaining (although emotionally draining at times) manner is admirable. The story of Christian and his loves and family are more insightful than most in this genre and a bit more paranormal tidbits are served up here. This sequel takes place 10 years after book 1 and I suspect the next book (assuming there will be one) will take place after a long passage of time. I have to give this one 4 Stars and maybe more but to my way of thinking the interaction with one of the characters was unfulfilled and without knowing the future I can only dislike it until some resolution is made. I would still have a problem recommending these books until there is a good ending or stopping place, this book improved upon book 1 but still we are left with too many questions. As a trilogy with some fulfillment I would have no problem recommending the whole set. I will see what the future holds in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.