Louize's Reviews > Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

3019973
Oct 26, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to Louize by: Aldrin
Recommended for: Those who want the answer to the greatest question...
Read from October 17 to 22, 2012

Same thoughts from The Page Walker.

HOW TO LIVE FOREVER?

I have an ebook for a while now, but did not bother even browsing through until my friend, up there, started reading it. When I finally started, I realized what I almost missed.

Clay Jannon was unemployed, another victim of the financial downturn. His job hunting led him to a local bookstore, and was immediately hired as the night clerk. It’s not unusual that there were fewer shoppers during the night –it was mostly dull, unproductive, and quiet. The only intriguing parts of each night are the borrowers; those eccentric people whom he has to log by description. With that much time to kill every night, Clay started some very deep poking, and soon found himself waist-deep into a mystery that may change his life forever.

Mr. Penumbra’s 24-hour Bookstore is our book –a book lover’s book. It talks about the bound versus the electronics; the merger of both; and the infinity of the written word. It talks about the mysteries of life –love, passion, ambition, and hope.

Clay’s narration is very engaging; witty and believable. I was really sorry I did not read it sooner. It was a deliciously fun read to have. I enjoyed every minute of it; no wonder I don’t want it to end.

I highly recommend this book, go get a copy now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore.

10/17/2012
23.0% "“Not everyone. There are plenty of people who, you know—people who still like the smell of books.”"
10/21/2012
60.0% "He’s the warrior, you’re the wizard, I’m the rogue." 2 comments
10/21/2012
70.0% "Turning the pages of this encoded codex, I realize that the books I love most are like open cities, with all sorts of ways to wander in. This thing is a fortress with no front gate. You’re meant to scale the walls, stone by stone."
10/22/2012
100.0% "Your life must be an open city, with all sorts of ways to wander in."

Aldrin Woohoo! "What do you seek in these shelves?"

Louize More free books, syempre pa!

Kwesi 章英狮 Naku, I have this book on my watch list. I saw a hardbound copy of the book in FB and it was so expensive that I am willing to wait for a paperback one! Hulaviloo!

Tricia wala bang ebook nito? haha

Louize Tricia wrote: "wala bang ebook nito? haha"

Message you on FB. :)

message 6: by Ace (new) - added it

Ace wahaha! ngayon ko lang napansin tong recommendation na ito. maayos yung format nung ebook mo?

Louize Ace wrote: "wahaha! ngayon ko lang napansin tong recommendation na ito. maayos yung format nung ebook mo?"

Syempre pa! nasa FB na po... :)

message 8: by Ace (new) - added it