Megan (The Book Babe)'s Reviews > Tantalize

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed-on-my-site
Read on October 17, 2012

[image error]

Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.

In the blogosphere, Tantalize isn't a book that truly stands out. It's about vampires and werewolves, so when I started, I was expecting the norm for vampire lit. I didn't get it. Tantalize puts vampires and weres in a world where they're recognized, and feared. Where everyone knows of them, but they don't know who's who. They live in either fear of vamps and weres, or they seek to be like them.

And to be honest, the writing could've been better. I'm just not a fan of "I, I something said here." It's just not my favorite style, ya know? (I'm sure that you're all thinking that about my writing style right now.) I did enjoy the plot twists though. At one point in the story, I'm sure my mouth dropped open. Some things are just unexpected, but I enjoyed that. I enjoy not knowing what's going to happen.

Now, Quincie just kind of confused me. I liked her, but I felt like she could've been better. A big change is going through her life, and I don't think that she really even thinks about it. She's changing, becoming different, and she never even stops to think about it. It's always "The restaurant this, and Keiren that." I get that she has a huge crush on Keiren, but man, she thinks about him all the time. I get it. She's a girl. She like's Keiren. I really do get it, I swear.

Keiren was another thing. Why is he such a large subject in the story (read: crush) but we really don't get to see him all that often, even with all the drooling that Quincie is doing over him. It just seemed a bit odd that we didn't see more of him, s'all.

Overall, I thought that this book could've been better, but I liked it anyways. :)

Favorite Quote:
I was losing, I realized. Losing Myself.
Lost.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tantalize.

10/17/2012 page 151
44.0% "Hmm. I don't get the I, I, something here sentence structure..."
10/17/2012 page 306
91.0% "Well. That was unexpected. ;)"