Anastacia 's Reviews > A Marriage of the Heart

A Marriage of the Heart by Kelly Long

Oct 17, 12

bookshelves: never-finished, christian, fiction, e-books
Read in October, 2012

I got this book to read through the wonderful Book Sneeze program. I don't tend to read novellas (I like to sink my teeth into a book) but I do like reading Amish books & I've read & reviewed Long before.

This book is 3 separate stories in one: A Perfect Secret, A Marriage of the Heart & Christmas Cradles.

A Perfect Secret was a little weird to me - Amish man, running off in the middle of the woods, wearing & pretending to be English. I didn't particularly get into this one or even like it.

I liked A Marriage of the Heart a little better, but just as I was starting to like the characters & get into the storyline, it ended. I would have really liked to have seen more.

Christmas Cradles was definitely my favorite of the book, & is the reason why the book gets 4 stars instead of 3. If I was to rate just that story, I would give it 5 stars. I loved the characters & the storyline from the first paragraph & identified with Anna. I too once thought myself rather plain & unlovable & thought no man would ever want me, thought of myself as too different for anyone to really want to be with me. I also just enjoyed how Anna & Asa somehow end up falling in love.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Marriage of the Heart.