Jrule's Reviews > The Fountainhead

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

U 50x66
Aug 10, 07

Read in November, 2004

Yes 5 stars, why? Because whenever i rethink about this book i become speechless.
The lessons it taught me and the life it showed me are invaluable. So whatever you may find below are the mixed emotions which i could withdraw out of it.
This books helps you realize the pain and agony of a person who stands on his own beliefs, defying the society rules and so called modern world culture.
So today whenever i see a person fighting with the world just for his own beliefs and his own values, i can always see a bit of Roark in him.
The most important thing of a man's character is his Integrity, that is what holds him true to himself and gives him courage to fight everything else in this world.
Society and the second handers always keep on trying to make others a second handers and they will never let them do something which they were not able to do.
It is the man's own Ego which gets him thru.It is the love of his work which makes him happy.
But the society teaches him that everything that makes him happy is a sin and he shall never be a happy person.
But it is a man's basic right to be happy and the general world calls it his Selfishness.

"...It was the only thing I ever really wanted. And that’s the sin that can’t be forgiven--that I hadn’t done what I wanted. It feels so dirty and pointless and monstrous, as one feels about insanity, because there’s no sense to it, no dignity, nothing but pain--and wasted pain...why do they always teach us that it’s easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It’s the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage...."
84 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fountainhead.

02/01 marked as: read

Ilyn Ross Hello Jrule,

How are you? I revere Ayn Rand.

When you have the time, please visit the "To the Glory of Man" group, the "Happy & Brainy" group, and the author giveaways (my novel, Reason Reigns, is listed). Could I add you as my friend?

Warmest regards,

Ilyn

message 2: by Ali (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ali My thoughts exactly!! But im doing it against all odds n loving it!! Do what u love and the rest will work itself out .

message 3: by Stars (new)

Stars & Moons Whenever i search for a book on here i always looks for someone with a 5 star review. Thank you! You have convinced me to go and buy this book.

message 4: by Neha (new)

Neha Nair Awesome book

Janice Jrules my sentiments exactly. I love this book it has help me shape my life as I am also one of the few that stands by her beliefs no matter what people or society thinks