Mr. Z's Reviews > Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

1928892
Jan 19, 2009

bookshelves: a-classroom-library, family-life, humor, school-life-friendship-drama, graphic-novel-manga
Recommended to Mr. Z by: Several students and Jeff Kinney's wide popularity
Recommended for: All middle schoolers!
Read in May, 2009 , read count: 2

I read this book at the beginning of the school year and wanted to reread it because I am planning on reading the other two stories. I was quickly reminded of just how simple and yet brilliant this story was - Jeff Kinney recently appeared in Time Magazine's issue of the top 100 most influential people IN THE WORLD (!!!) and as you read through Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you'll quickly understand why. He's created a character (Greg Heffley) that just about every middle school kid will be able to relate to. Greg deals with overbearing parents, overwhelming teachers, underappreciative classmates, unwelcoming bullies and unpredictable daily experiences.

I know from firsthand experience that this book has generated more laughs among middle school boys and girls than I've seen from any other book or author. The accompanying illustrations are hysterical and Greg's experiences are easy to laugh at and appreciate. If you're looking to get reluctant readers to read something or enthusiastic readers to read more, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a must-read. Lower-level reading that causes higher-level interest in reading books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Wimpy Kid.