Christina's Reviews > Industrial Magic

Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Jan 26, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, 2009-reads
Read in January, 2009

Not as awesomely awesome as the first three, but still worth the read, nevertheless. It took a long time getting to the final page, although admittedly it did progress quicker towards the end. They almost always do. At some points, the plot went at snail's pace, and as another obstacle came along and another and another, I just couldn't help but scream... 'when is this going to be over??'

It was still a really good blend of mystery, lightedhearted humor and horror, though, and Kelley still managed to sweep me up into the story as she always does. It just feels as though she's lost the drive that brought out Bitten, Stolen and Dime Store Magic (although her writing has obviously improved from her debut. Oh Kelley, I still love you).

GENERAL SERIES SPOILER: I really wanted Lucas to find out about Hector, and I thought Hector's reappearance was seriously random in this novel. It led nowhere, except to provide some well-missed Clay time. NO ONE can refuse Clay time, especially when he's all big bad wolf (haha, no pun intended, I swear). But I'm hoping this little tidbit will lead to another novel from Paige's POV (not as the sole plot, clearly, but I do think this is a loose end that needs to be tied up, Clay's involvement or not. Lucas won't be happy knowing Paige has kept this from him).

On that note, it's amazing how much I've warmed to Paige considering I initially refused to read her novels. Lucas may have something to do with that. I hated her in Stolen, but now... I'd really enjoy another novel from her perspective :D Kelley, if you're listening... :P
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Industrial Magic.

01/23/2009 page 56
10.61% "Sorta slow, but speeding up."
01/24/2009 page 180
34.09% "ELENA! CLAYTON! SKJGHSKJG YAYYY."
01/26/2009 page 528