NovelJunkies's Reviews > Being Anti-Social

Being Anti-Social by Leigh K. Cunningham

Oct 16, 12

Rating: 4.0 Stars

I like Merlot with everything, except cereal and milk.

The story of a tight group of 5 friends, interesting plots with men, a mom and sister that are constantly nagging, self realization, and endless supplies of Merlot....what woman would not enjoy this read??

Mace Evans is the middle child of 5 children, and very different from her siblings. Self proclaimed independent, her family has labeled her as anti-social. There's nothing wrong with keeping to oneself...the majority of the time, right???

Despite the anti-social label, Mace is surrounded by an eclectic group of 4 ladies that keep the entertainment going throughout the book. If it weren't for the seemingly endless supply of Merlot, I am not sure how Mace would have survived her family visits, dealing with a love lost, family tragedy, and the numerous sagas with the girls.

Is it not extraordinary that a caterpillar can become a butterfly? If they can change so dramatically then so can I-I can be likable; I can be sociable.

Being Anti-Social, is award-winning author Leigh K. Cunningham’s second novel for adult readers. I enjoyed the dry humor, sentimental moments, and reality of friendship and family circles that reigned throughout the novel.

I really enjoyed Ms. Cunningham's writing style. Her humor and wit resound throughout the entire novel. Her use of witty Oscar Wilde quotes kept me laughing amidst the sequence of events that Mace finds herself in.

This was one novel that I didn't want to tear through. I found myself taking my time to read; a chapter or two at a time...usually with a glass (or 3) of Merlot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Anti-Social.