Erin's Reviews > Galápagos

Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut

Aug 10, 07

the copy of this book i read was dusty and old and smelled wonderful, like a dark library. this was also the first vonnegut book i ever read. and i have to say: not that impressed. yeah, i know, he's vonnegut. whatever. it was just that i wanted more on the island, more of the "oh shit the world just ended", less preacherish insight from a ghost with a voyeurism problem. although i did find most of it insightful.

in other words, less tell, more show.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galápagos.

Jason Not much is up Erin! Ironically I sent a message adding you as a friend and then I opened my inbox and found an invite from you! Internets, huh?!

Man you need to hit up Vonnegut's other works before you go passing judgement. Slaughter-house Five, Cat's Cradle, Hocus Pocus. Bluebeard is good. That one's about modern art. Not a pirate.

message 2: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin alright alright. getting there. it's just... ugh. you only get one chance you know? in real life, that is. that's the rule. one chance, whether it be on a japanese game show, or at skydiving without a parachute, or at impressing me with your writing style. then i gotsta MOVE ON! there's so many other books out there!

but you're right. i'll go back *whiny kid voice*