Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus's Reviews > The Perfect Game

Oct 24, 12

bookshelves: college-romance, these-books-are-the-shit
Read on October 23, 2012

*******************************
DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS IN HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THIS BOOK!
AND FAIR WARNING I'M ABOUT SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR AS I NEED TO GET IT OUT!
**********************************

*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*
*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*

Umm.. so...eeehh....*deep breath innnnn and release*

OK Ok... where the FUCK DO I START!

This is the story of Jack Fucking Carter and Cassie "Kitten" Andrews.

Cassie is new to the college, so when she catches the eye of the infamous bad boy manwhore superstar baseball pitcher Jack, her best friend Melissa warns her about him. He never sleeps with the same girl twice. Everyone knows this, including the girls he sleeps with.

Jack can't believe that Cassie doesn’t want him. He has given her his best smiles, pulled the dimples out, used all the right lines... Why doesn't she want him?!
He eventually breaks her down and gets her to go out with him, just one date.

That one date is the start of everything

"“This doesn't change anything," I stammered, my defences fading.

"It changes everything." He sounded so sure of himself as his soft lips silenced my weak protest.”

Jack has never had a real relationship, he has had a shit background that has lead him to have abandonment issues. Hence the manwhore thing. Don't let them close they can't hurt you right?

I've love you. I'm sure I'll fuck it up because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Just promise me that you'll be patient with me.--Jack

Cassie has trust issues, her whole life her father has let her down with broken promises, because of this she is very guarded. She falls for Jack and gives him 4 rules to live by

#1-Don't lie.
#2-Don't cheat.
#3-Don't make promises you can't keep.
#4-Don't say things you don't mean.

Things go gloriously as we watch the relationship progress between the H/h, reading from both POV's.
Jack is drafted to Arizona for Baseball and Cassie receives an internship for her photography. They do the long distance thing both falling harder, and faster. Think Romeo and Juliet type love!

Then Jack fucks up.
I mean seriously
FUCKS UP!
That scene is in his POV and you are reading it,
knowing what is going to happen,
dreading that is going to happen,
and screaming at him when it does.
(view spoiler)

I shit you not! I was screaming at him and clutching at my chest as not only does Cassie world break mine did as well.
I am was sobbing uncontrollably, I was broken. I just felt like complete and utter shit!

Photobucket

AND THEN IF ONE BOMB ISN'T BAD ENOUGH!!
ANOTHER IS DROPPED.....
AND THEN ONE FUCKING MORE!!

(view spoiler)

Which one of Cassie's rules did Jack break?
You will have to read it to find out....

I do need to point out that we do get a wonderful HEA!!

but if this book did not have Jack POV I'm being 100% honest and said that I would of hated this book and hated Jack!

..................................

OMG... the things this book made me feel! GAH i can't explain it..

You want a rollercoaster of EVERY SINGLE FUCKING EMOTION YOU CAN HAVE???
LOOK NO FURTHER!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

10/23/2012
3.0% "I've been told Jack is the king of Jerks... Oh I can't wait!"
10/23/2012
100.0% "Sweet little baby Jesus! I am an emotional fucking wreck right now! What a read... Review to come when I can perform sentences again" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Kellie!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Thank you Blacky ^_^ God.. I'm still in pain but with a smile on my face from this book hahaha

Blacky *Romance Addict* LOL! Yeah I know the feeling hahah just shows how good the book is :)

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict Fabulous review Kellie!!

Jessica Viteri I ADORE your review! I had the EXACT emotions you did. I kept yelling at my Kindle NOOO! NOOO! NOOO! And then I screamed bloody murder because I was still holding out hope that he woke up with his pants down but nothing happened. GGRRRRRR!!! So was not the case. I Hate, LOATHE, cheaters! And I too had my 7 year relationship crack because of certain similar events.

GREAT review!

message 6: by Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus (last edited Oct 24, 2012 06:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Thanks Dorsey!

Jessica --- Yep I was trying to read it with one eye shut like when you watch horror movies?! LOL
(view spoiler)

Vishous Great review, reading next :)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Thanks Vishous... Make sure you have tissues!

Vishous Oh can't wait!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Vishous wrote: "Oh can't wait!"

I can't either! Come back and have a spoiler chat with me when you do!
So we can rant and rave and swear and cry together!

Vishous Deal :)

Summer I am reading this and only about 40% of the way in, but I can tell from your excellent review that I am going to be an emotional wreck as I finish it up. (As I too have had a very similar situation)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Oh summer!! Please come and rant and rave when you have read it in a spoiler chat...
I NEED SOMEONE to feel what I'm feeling right now! LOL

Summer Kellie wrote: "Oh summer!! Please come and rant and rave when you have read it in a spoiler chat...
I NEED SOMEONE to feel what I'm feeling right now! LOL"

I will likely stay up late tonight and finish it up so be prepared tomorrow!

Jessica Viteri Kellie wrote: "Oh summer!! Please come and rant and rave when you have read it in a spoiler chat...
I NEED SOMEONE to feel what I'm feeling right now! LOL"

Should you girls need an extra person to rant, please feel free to contact me. I have LOTS to say. ;)

Summer I started a general book duscussion thread for the book if you want to make comments/share thoughts there: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 17: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Kellie, but I'm concerned and I'm setting up an appointment for you to see a therapist...my treat! LOL!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus awesome! Thanks Summer!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Karla wrote: "Great review Kellie, but I'm concerned and I'm setting up an appointment for you to see a therapist...my treat! LOL!"

LOL... I prob won't be able to make it! Too busy reading emotional shit that will play with my head! LOL

Taryn at My Secret Romance hahaha So glad you loved it!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "hahaha So glad you loved it!"

Your review made me want to read it... and now I see you are reading Undeniable and I want to read that, straight after I finish The Sea of Tranquility Can't wait to see your review of Undeniable!

Thanks Taryn! It was your review that convinced me to try it..

I have Undeniable all set to go ASAP! I see your reading that too can't wait for your review!

Anne OK Even though I cussed like a sailor through most of the book and cried too -- it was a GREAT read! And Jack stole my heart even while breaking the rules!!

Nicely done review!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Awesome review Kellie! I loved this as well! :)

message 25: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Fabulous review Kellie!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Thank you ladies! ^_^

Lindsay I agree with you, Jack's POV made all the difference. Even in Cassie's POV (in the beginning) I liked Jack, but after the incident, if not for Jack's POV, I would have hated him.

Great review Kellie. :)

Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN** Your review was perfect - swearing and all! I was a wreck while reading this book, I had a love/hate relationship with Jack...

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Andrea wrote: "Your review was perfect - swearing and all! I was a wreck while reading this book, I had a love/hate relationship with Jack..."

Thank you! Yes it was def love hate relationship... I wonder if it's just the name Jack? I was the same with Avoiding responsibility and Avoiding commitment.. oh and my brothers name is Jack LOL

Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN** Kellie wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Your review was perfect - swearing and all! I was a wreck while reading this book, I had a love/hate relationship with Jack..."

Thank you! Yes it was def love hate relationship... ..."

Ur so right! That Jack was a selfish bastard (Avoiding series) There must b a thing about Jacks...

message 32: by Bren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren Haha just read this !!! Aaaaammmmazing review !! Loved it

message 33: by Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus (last edited Dec 21, 2012 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Brenda wrote: "Haha just read this !!! Aaaaammmmazing review !! Loved it"

How good was it? And thanks!!

Helena Omg ur so right about this book. I finished the last night and oh my... i was crying like a little baby when he dropped the bombs!!! But i still loved it.