Michael's Reviews > Beowulf on the Beach: What to Love and What to Skip in Literature's 50 Greatest Hits

Beowulf on the Beach by Jack Murnighan

Jan 18, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, non-fiction
Read in January, 2009

Murnighan's writing and passion for the classics is so infectious, he almost made me want to read Remembrance of Things Past and The Man Without Qualities!

almost.

But, seriously, there are a few classics here I never thought I'd touch, that I plan to read this summer!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beowulf on the Beach.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Dottie (last edited Jan 18, 2009 09:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dottie Anna Karenina is a beach read. Anna Karenina is a beach read. Anna Karenina is a beach read. Anna Kareni....

Thanks, I think I have it.

I need to go settle onto the towel and adjust the umbrella and apply my sunscreen and not worry so much about Levin's serious musings as opposed to Vronsky's flirting -- just read this piece of Russian fluff.

message 4: by Robert J. (new)

Robert J. Burdock Emmm...this looks like an interesting one Michael. Any idea if and when it's coming to the UK?

Michael Amazon UK has it scheduled for mid-May, but it looks like it might just be an import edition of the US version.

Whatever version you can get, it's worth it!

message 2: by Robert J. (new)

Robert J. Burdock Michael wrote: "Amazon UK has it scheduled for mid-May, but it looks like it might just be an import edition of the US version.

Whatever version you can get, it's worth it!"

Thank you for the response Michael. I've just realised, if I wasn't so lazy, I could have just checked myself - doh!
Warmest
Rob

Michael no worries... I'm happy to help!!