Kristen's Reviews > Of Blood and Bone

Of Blood and Bone by Courtney Cole

Oct 16, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, suspense, mystery, mature
Read from October 15 to 16, 2012

GENRE: Romance
THEME: Mystery/Paranormal
RECEIVED: Kismet Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
After reading Courtney Coles novel Dante’s Girl and loving every bit of it I knew I couldn’t wait to read her adult novel Of Blood and Bone. This is a dark romance novel with a ton of mystery and murder. It had a lot of unexpected moments and its fast paced plot never confused me with all the twists that popped up.

Of Blood and Bone follows Evangeline (Eva) who has just gotten to her summer home in Malta. She has been studying to be a Psychiatrist in America and wants to finish her studying in her childhood hometown, Malta. But after meeting the mysterious, wealthy and downright gorgeous Luca, her quiet town turns into a scary place to walk at night. Woman have been found dead by some beast and Luca seems to know who it is and why.

Eva is your normal strong heroine; she falls head over heels for Luca once he helps her on her first night in Malta. It’s almost like an insta-love but not annoying more gradual until the plot starts to pick up. I liked how devoted she was to her work and wished she hadn’t lost focus on that after meeting Luca. But she did however want to help those in need such as Lucas mother, with what she had learned. This story is heavily focused on the romance and the mystery behind Luca’s family. Eva starts to unfold the mystery as she sees everything face to face and that it could affect her relationship with Luca.

Luca is the definition of tall dark and handsome. His family history is what ties the darkness and murders together. I liked how the readers not only get Eva’s perspective but also Luca’s, we see and feel his emotions as he’s trying to figure everything out. I felt bad for this guy because he can’t help what is happening. Even though he has a dark side to him, overall he’s a sweet, loving and a very sexy guy who can’t resist Eva.

Adrian, is the first to notice and meet Eva, he has a happy demeanor and wanting to protect and help Eva. He also works for Luca and both have secrets that they have kept over the many years. He too like Luca has a lot of mystery and darkness behind him. In the end he surprised me the most.
Overall this was a suspenseful and thrilling romantic mystery that seriously kept me guessing. Coles writing is smooth and really connected her characters not only together but also to me as the reader, I really felt their love and emotions towards each other. I will definitely be continuing this series because the end shows that this is just the beginning.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult series that has sexual content that is meant for mature readers. Fans of Gena Showalter’s Lords of the Underworld series and Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series will enjoy Blood and Bone by Courtney Cole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Blood and Bone.