Kristy's Reviews > Danger in the Shadows

Mar 03, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fiction
Read in January, 2009

Danger in the Shadows is the Prequel to Dee Henderson's O'Malley Series.

From the back of the book:

Her life is not her own... The bureau owns her. Under FBI protection, Sara isn't even Sara Walsh anymore. Her name is what they tell her. Her home is where they send her. And she's never there for long.
A stranger owns her. Though faceless, he haunts Sara's dreams. He's the man who abducted her as a child and continues to stalk her. He's the one who is determined to end their connection - and Sara's life.
But most of all, fear owns her. Which makes falling in love with a man as high profile as Adams Black a bad idea. And a dangerous one. For both of them. Sara's world is an unsafe place for love - and certainly an unsafe place for the children Adam longs for. No one knows that better than Sara, and she can't take the risk... But if she doesn't, her life will never be her own. Where will she find the courage to name her terror and face her fear?

This is the first Henderson book I have read (I found it in the local library). I liked the cover (I think covers are pretty important) and my eyes caught a statement on the back of the book... "I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes suspense.". "This book is for me", I thought to myself.

Danger in the Shadows is about Sara and her battle over fear. It does have a good storyline and was very easy to get into. But, to be honest, I was disappointed with it. Although the book was hard to put the book down, the bottom line is that 'Henderson suspense' is no where near 'Dekker suspense'. I also found it a bit too mushy for my liking (I probably should have taken into consideration that it was from the romance section). Other reviewers have commented that this book is not the author's best, so I have already started The Negotiator (the next book in the series) to see what her other books are like, and am loving it already.

On a more positive note, Danger In The Shadows is still a good book with a good story. There is definitely a theme of having faith and trust in God throughout the book, which is great, and would encourage anyone who struggles with fearfulness or lack of trust in God and His plans for their life.

Looking forward to seeing what her next one is like... I will let you know soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Danger in the Shadows.

01/18/2009 page 105
33.65% "Loving it so far!"