Beverly's Reviews > The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen

The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen by Sandra Worth

F 50x66
Jan 21, 09

Read in January, 2009

I must say I love the Tudor Period. This book held my interest and I was able to learn more abour Henry VIII's parents. Elizabeth of York was called Elizabeth the Good by her subjects. She was a little too sweet for me. She fell in love with a squire, but her ambitious mother put the kabosh on that. She also fell in love with Richard III, which is a surprise because he is written in history to be a bad guy.
Richard III takes over as king after his brother and Elizabeth's father is killed. Richard has a reign full of agony. It is rumored that he killed the princes who were Edward's children and heirs to the throne. His wife Anne of Nelville wants Richard to marry Elizabeth after she dies, but he does not.
Henry Tudor defeats Richard 111 and becomes king. He marries Elizabeth and she is very unhappy as queen. Henry and she have 6 children. Arthur is the oldest and heir to the throne. Henry is second son and envies Arthur.
This book was interesting because little is written about Henry VII and Elizabeth of York. I learned a lot and was able to connect the later Tudors with this family. They were the first Tudors to reign after The Plantagenets. I would recommend it if you like this period of time and don't want to read anything too taxing at this time..

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen.