Elle (Ligia)'s Reviews > Losing It

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Oct 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, adult, its-warm-in-here, kindle-ebook, oh-my-heart, own-ebook, read-in-2012, romance, stand-alone, reviewed
Read on October 15, 2012

Losing It was a great book. I’m still grinning just thinking about it, and I finished reading it last night.

Bliss Edwards is almost done with her college career and she’s still a virgin. What a dilemma. She’s fun, sometimes a little shy and self-conscious but pretty hilarious if she wants to be. She was DYING pretty often, and that just made me laugh. It kind of made me think of myself with my OMG-ing all the time. Yup, Bliss is definitely my kind of girl. Well, she’s an actress, too, so it was to be expected. Maybe.

Garrick Taylor is –let’s say –fleeing from an awkward situation back home. So when offered a chance to teach for a semester in a college in Texas he takes it. I think if I were to describe Garrick with one word, and I’m pretty sure it would suffice, I’d say: British. It’s enough, isn’t it? Can’t you picture that sexy accent? I totally can.

So… [insert awkward pause].

I’m moving on now.

What happens when said hot British man gets locked out of his apartment? He goes to a bar to wait for assistance and read a Shakespeare book. What happens when slightly intoxicated Bliss sees said man? She dies!

Well, not really. But she’s definitely swooning. As was I.

A little talk here and there and tired of waving her V card around Bliss goes for it. Sort of.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What is I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?"

They go to her apartment to just get it over with, but Bliss may or may not have freaked out before the deal was done, leaving a very hot, very naked British boy on her bed as she flees. But not before making up a cat pet that needed immediate help.

You see why Bliss made me laugh a lot? No? Let’s see…
“Four.
That’s the number of people who saw me hiding around the corner from my own apartment in just a skirt and a bra.
Eleven.
That’s the number of ant bites I got on my shoeless feet.
Twenty-seven.
That’s the number of times I was tempted to do myself physical harm because I am an IDIOT.
One.
That’s the number of times I tried not to cry, but failed.”

Bliss’ unluckiness (is that a word?) does not stop there, oh no! On the next day (her first day of her last semester in college) she finds out that the substitute professor for her class is no one other than the British boy she left on her bed, naked, the night before.

Awkward much? Mhmm.

Losing It was awesome… and painful. Garrick was gentle and caring, but he could be damn sexy if he wanted, and very much honest. I think that’s what I loved the most about him. He wanted her, he wanted her all to himself and he wasn’t afraid to say it. Plus, who doesn’t love a little possessiveness? And Bliss was sweet, and a little crazy. She had some serious problem of brain filter, but that only made it hilarious, and embarrassing. I did want to knock some sense into her a few times, badly! But all is forgiven, it was hard to think with Garrick around, I understood her.

The chemistry between the two was undeniable, and the wait pretty uh… long. I think what I loved the most about Losing It was the ending, and the epilogue. I loved that it was from Garrick’s point of view. I think it made me love him even more. And grin. So much.

Le sigh.

Losing It
was amazing. Hot, a little heart breaking, sweet and fun. It’s recommended!

For this and more reviews visit my blog: My Life Through a Book
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing It.

10/15/2012
1.0% "Okay I'm not going to resist it! lol Just found it and reading already! :p"
10/15/2012
6.0% "A british accent!! Bliss, I'm dying too! LOL"
10/15/2012
20.0% "Oh. My. God. She didn't! OMG! lmao"
49.0% "Good god!"
10/15/2012
70.0% "Goodness! This is painful! LOL"
10/15/2012
75.0% "Shit! Shitshitshit! ...Okay, so I realize I didn't say anything usefull so far, but to those wondering... DAMNIT it's good! LOL"
10/15/2012
90.0% "Okay 10% to go and everything is so great I just have to be suspicious. This is driving me craaazy! xD"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fafiliebe ♥ King Warner ♥ Raffe ♥ hey elle.. i really like the description but i don't know about the book i want to read it, is it like "easy" i mean i did so many skips there it annoyed me.. are there many sexual or descriptive steamy scenes here.. or they are like 2-3 times in the whole book and i can just skip them easily...?? thanx :D

Elle (Ligia) Hey! Well, uh, there are a couple of scenes yeah and they are more descriptive than in Easy. This one is adult fiction while Easy wasn't. But I don't know, I think you could skip them if you wanted, you wouldn't miss much... but it's kind of the point of the book if they do or if they don't do it, you know what I mean? lol

Fafiliebe ♥ King Warner ♥ Raffe ♥ hahaha.. elle i am already reading it, but i thought this was new adult...!! .. and i think u would know if that happens.. :P i like the characters.. and am i supposed to like cade that much ??!!

Elle (Ligia) it felt more like adult to me :p And well... I think you'll like him a whole lot more still! *wink*

Katie Ashley I'm about 70% done with this one, and it's a really cute read!! Yes, I want me some Garrick!! He's our Brit accented dude!!

Elle (Ligia) YESSS! See? I have a serious problem with British accent! *swoon*

Fafiliebe ♥ King Warner ♥ Raffe ♥ i kind of like cade more.. i am near 65% of the story not feeling it towards garrick i prefer cade.. he loves her <3