Ravina Andrea Kurian's Reviews > The Dating intervention

The Dating intervention by Lynn C. Ricci

Oct 15, 12

Read in October, 2012

I expected this to be a quick, fun read. It wasn't. The concept was interesting and something that happens to more people than we would care to know. But this book is peppered with editing errors which makes it an irritating, bumpy read.

For instance, as far as I know and in my humble opinion, it's "okay" not "OK"; 1 sentence is usually equal to about 12 to 15 words unless you have something very interesting to say. Even then, it should at least have a comma or a semi-colon. This book was filled with long sentences overflowing with adjectives; lastly, people are referred to as "who" not "that".

Then there's the jarring time jumps. Just when you're used to the story, you suddenly feel the brakes screeching as you're sidetracked to another bit of Vanessa's story.

I did like the way Lynn shared Vanessa's character. Readers were given the chance to sit with Vanessa as she discovered her inner-strength and steps out of her shell. It was an emotive, tender journey which is definitely worth reading.

Would I recommend this read? To any patient reader who doesn't mind a few bumps along the way.

Overall assessment:
Content: 4/5
Editing: 3/5
Formatting: 4.5/5
Pacing: 3.5/5
Offensive content?: PG to PG13, some adult themes are present.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author through Orangeberry Book Tours. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obligated to write a positive one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dating intervention.