Ruty B's Reviews > Last Regress

Oct 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ghosts, paranormal, romance
Read from October 15 to 18, 2012

Rating: 3.5/5

Last Regress is a paranormal romance that will make you cry more than once and will make your heart beat fast with every romantic scene.

Last Regress presents us Alyssa, a woman in her late twenties working for the “Institute of Paranormal Research, Cambridge”. She deals with paranormal phenomenon in her daily basis but she still isn’t ready for what is to come. When Cain enters her life, things will never be the same. Her sanity will be tested and also her friendship with Greg.

The book has a slow start for my taste. It does a well job describing the characters, where the story is set and a bit of the past, but in the first chapter I didn’t know what to expect. However, after our first encounter with the mysterious guy and the dark shadows everything starts to move on fast.

Alyssa, Cain, Greg and Nathaniel are very well described and in few chapters you get a pretty nice idea of their personalities. Cain is my favorite not only he has the most romantics dialogues he seems a tridimensional character that you can actually see as a real person. Alyssa is a bit depressive; she has lived most of her live in the shadow of her existence and has a peculiar personality. On one hand she has a hard time figuring out who the mysterious man is (in my opinion it was obvious from the start) and then she refuse to accept the truth. But her most memorable moment is when she takes some bad decisions (they are good to the story and help to the book to move on but it wasn’t my favorite Alyssa’s moment).

Overall, the paranormal part of the book is well built and it makes you want to read more. the characters complete the story and you can see more books in the future because the story leaves some paths open for future adventures.

(I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Regress.

10/16/2012