M.'s Reviews > Just for Now

Just for Now by Abbi Glines

Oct 31, 12

bookshelves: october-2012-release, virgin-manwhore-pairing, contemporary-romance, swoon-worthy-heroes
Read from October 23 to 31, 2012

* BIG WARNING - THIS BOOK IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT YA. THERE ARE A LOT OF VERY DETAILED SEX SCENES (and I'm more than okay with that :) *

I was a bit afraid that this book was going to follow the same formula that Abbi uses in all her books. The girl is a virgin and it takes forever for something to happen between the protagonists. And then BAM, big surprise right at the start. I honestly thought that Amanda was dreaming, but good thing that she wasn't. I loved her and Preston and they are probably my favourite couple in the Sea Breeze series (I wonder who is next, I would love to know more about either Jason or Krit). Granted that Amanda made very bad decisions, she was not really a role model when it came to those decisions (please girls, do not throw yourselves at drunk guys and expect chivalry), and that was one of the reasons this book didn't get 5 stars. Another factor was the abrupt end. I think an epilogue was needed.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Now.

10/30/2012
60.0% "So far not bad. It will be a it predictable, but oh well. One thing though, this is most definitely not YA, not even mature YA. It's very graphic so of course I'm down with that."