Sarah's Reviews > Lydia Bennet's Story: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

Lydia Bennet's Story by Jane Odiwe

Jan 18, 09

Read in January, 2009

I am a sucker for anything with Austen or Darcy in the title, and a sucker for anything having to do with Pride and Prejudice.
Some have been good, some have been awful and some have been just right.
I would put this at "almost just right" at a 3 1/2 stars.
I have always kind of liked Lydia, I guess I could connect with her.(having been a silly girl growing up) So it was interesting to see her thought process, her feelings and kind of a "what was she thinking" .

This is a continuation, of sorts, of Pride and Prjudice, a follow up to Lydia's scandalous behaviour. It actually starts in Brighton when she goes on Holiday with Harriet and Captain Forrester and is sweet talked into eloping with Wickham.
It is her story after this hasty and impetuous decision,the aftermath of her rash actions.

I do like the writers style, she does manage to capture some of the Jane Austen spirit in her book. I also like how the story is told, including some of Lydia's journal entries.
I also liked how Lydia started to realize her mistakes and how she grew up in the book.
i WOULD have liked to see her maybe suffer a bit more for her indecent behavior, really repent of her wrong doing and really been made to account for her actions and really realize that what she did was wrong.
I am the kind of reader who likes tidily wrapped up endings, where the villains get their just desserts, and the heroes are rewarded.
This wasnt quite there for me.
but all in all a clean romance, and an interesting take on Lydia Bennet Wickham.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lydia Bennet's Story.