Nymphsin's Reviews > City of Night

City of Night by Dean Koontz

Jan 17, 09

Recommended to Nymphsin by: My aunt Cheryl.
Recommended for: Anyone who likes Koontz and horror. This book was GREAT!
Read in January, 2008, read count: 1

WOW!
Great Book!
The developing story between Ducalion and his maker keep you turning the page.
The New Race has minions fanned out all over the city in very prestigiuos positions.
The Old Race (human's) seems doomed as many have already died at the hands of Victor Helios's New Race.
The relationship between Micheal and Carson also begins to evolve and one becomes more vocal with their feelings.
Carson's younger and autistic brother (Arnie) befriends Ducalion and their relationship is wonderfully written. I just LOVE how Ducalion can reach the child and Arnie seems to understand and relate to the giant.
Dean Koontz turns up the knotch on just how EVIL Victor Helios aka Frankenstien can really be.
And what a monster he is!
His creations are an abomination and most of them are slaves and were created only to serve Victor's every whim.
His tank born/lab created wife, Erika 5, seems to get the very worst of his punishments.
The end has totally and completly left me wanting more and I hope that Mr. Koontz keeps writing about Ducalion loooong after he releases book three.
He said that book three is suppose to be the conclusion the the Frankenstien series but I hope we get much more Ducalion in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Night.