Darbyscloset's Reviews > The Family Bones

Recommended to Darbyscloset by: Book Blogs
Recommended for: Mystery Lovers
Read in February, 2009, read count: 1

The Family Bones
I just finished “The Family Bones” by Kimberly Raiser. This book is a fast and great read!!! My goodness, while reading this book there were times I didn’t want to turn the lights off in order to go to bed; very suspenseful, with a lot of interaction between the characters. The story is about a family that has inherited a house and grounds from the husband’s relatives. Strange, unexplainable happenings start to occur while the family is checking out the house and surrounding grounds. While reading this book the strange occurrences did spook me. Kimberly has a great hold on suspending the suspense and with about a fourth of the book left to read, all a of sudden the characters change, or you could say that they let their true motives and deeds known. At the end of the book, the reader receives a nice wrap up regarding all of the strange happenings in and around this house. Yet at the same time, Kimberly leaves the door open for a sequel.
Due to the complex character’s, this book is a fast read. I recommend this book to readers who love a good mystery. It is the kind of book that makes you want to sleep with the lights on and you only go to sleep once your eyes are heavy from reading.
Before I read this book, I thought I knew every mystery an author could create, as well as being able to predict the conclusion. The conclusion was not what I expected yet I was left satisfied. I eagerly look forward to the next book by Kimberly, be it a sequel to “The Family Bones” or something totally different.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family Bones.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by David (new)

David  L. Visit David L.'s website: www.totalpackagepublications.com and read an excerpt on Over Your Dead Body
Also available by David L. - Chalk Outline Confessions
And coming soon...My Life Is A Movie - February 2009

OVER YOUR DEAD BODY
ISBN# 978-0-9789276-0-8

PRAISE FOR OVER YOUR DEAD BODY:

“The plot is well formulated and the tension never ceases. Once you start reading this book, you can’t stop!”
~The Raw Sistaz Book Reviewers

“This author effectively shows just how a person’s life can go from normal to complete and utter chaos in a very short period of time. This novel grabs and hooks in the reader from the first page.”
~Urban Book Reviews

“David L. develops and packages his story well. This is a good read for any fiction lover.”
~Urban Book Source

“This book is so well written, it’s frightening! Definitely worth reading.”
~Real Divas of Literature

“David L.'s thriller, Over Your Dead Body, is an edge-of-your-seat piece of genius. Once you begin reading this book, I doubt you'll be able to put it down until it's finished!”
~Words of Inspiration Book Club

“David L. hit a home run with this novel, and if there is a sequel, I am sure he will be looking forward to batting his way to an eventual grand slam!”
~Amazon.com Reader

Darbyscloset Hey David,
Thanks for sharing, your book looks like a good spooky read, just the kind I like!
Darby