My Book Addiction and More MBA's Reviews > The Ruins of Lace

The Ruins of Lace by Iris Anthony

F_50x66
MY THOUGHTS:
THE RUINS OF LACE by Iris Anthony is a complex and intriguing historical fiction set in 17th century France and Flanders. It is a complicated story of freedom,the fascination of lace,lace makers, the rise and fall of an empire,homosexuality in the 16-17th century in France, and cost to lace makers. “The Ruins of Lace” is a story written with vivid descriptions,detailing the intricate making of lace,the cost to the lace makers,and the lost of so much. It interweaves between the cast of characters,each with their own story to tell and the tragedy that befalls them. So much destruction and lost due to lace and the people who so crave the contraband,with betrayal,greed,secrets,and the forbidden lace. An interesting story for anyone who enjoys 17th century France, lace making,and historical fiction. I found this story full of twists and turns as the characters maneuver through the intricate times of contraband lace and the people who would do anything for gain. Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details can be found at the author’s website,Sourcebooks,Inc, Sourcebooks Landmark and My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews.
Rating: 4
HEAT RATING: MILD
REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ruins of Lace.