Belle's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

9419782
SPOILER ALERT

I'll start by saying overall this book was a good, easy, contemporary read.. I usually love the ones centered around people in college etc.
I absolutely loved the characters in the beginning, with Jack's protective, overbearing, loving, passionate and cocky attitude and Cassies "kittens" tough, beautiful and strong personality.

The storyline was going so well.. and then BAM, the cheating incident occurred. I'll admit the way it happened seemed pretty believable to me, and I can understand how Sterling wanted to portray a real relationship -with all its flaws- and cheating, as sad as it is, is a common occurrence nowadays. But the way both Jack and Cassie handled it made me SO FRUSTRATED.
For one) Jack hardly fought for Cassie even after he finds out the truth (waiting is a pretty lame excuse), he gets MARRIED for god's sake because he believes he needs to be a part of his child's life.. which he could still be without being married !!!!EWFSDOF"WE gah, and the way he lied to her the morning after... I mean after this whole incident his character was lost to me.
Secondly) Cassie.. WHAT THE.. I mean he freaking cheated on you, and you want him back literally straight away !! How is that normal! I know you love him but geez. and When she was talking to the new guy, and not giving him a chance, I just don't understand her logic whatsoever. You try to go to Jack and make him stop - he doesn't listen to you and basically spits in your face with his new girl - and then as soon as he comes crawling back you forgive him instantly. All the strength I had admired in her character, was completely spoiled for me.

I don't know how to rate this book.. I'll give it a 2 overall.. I liked the beginning and ending sure -sweet gesture - but the nonexistent character arc (more like character deterioration) made the potential 2.5 rating go down.
54 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh-oh, what have you done, Belinda?! LOL I had many doubts about this book. It felt wrong, don't know why. I wasn't sure if I would read it. But now I'm sure I won't. So many plot twists that I usually can't stand! Thanks for your honest review and THANKS for the spoilers *grins*

Belle haha no problem, this is just what i though after reading it.. the book is not for me

Kristen In my opinion, if you are over 25, this is waste of time.

Sandra I agree 100%

Wanderlust Kristen wrote: "In my opinion, if you are over 25, this is waste of time."

oh my god yes.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 1 star

Dee oh my god, you perfectly put in to words how much I feel about this book! it was going great until the cheating incident happened. I feel like they made really stupid and irrational decisions and I just pretty much wanted to strangle them both.

message 7: by Libbie (new)

Libbie I went against my usual policy of reading reviews before the book - mostly because I was on the fence before starting it. so you now have my gratitude because I was able to return it to Amazon.

Belle Libbie wrote: "I went against my usual policy of reading reviews before the book - mostly because I was on the fence before starting it. so you now have my gratitude because I was able to return it to Amazon."

haha no problem :)

message 9: by Betul (new)

Betul Thanks for the spoiler, this book is not my cup of tea. I so did not enjoy beautiful disaster, so I am definitely not going to put this book on my TBR list.

Belle Betul wrote: "Thanks for the spoiler, this book is not my cup of tea. I so did not enjoy beautiful disaster, so I am definitely not going to put this book on my TBR list."

anytime !

Emily Jane Currently reading. 20% through and all I can think is "WHATALOADOFCRAP". I'm going to finish it though so I can write a review. I also wanna read the part where I'm guessing he inevitably cheats and be like 'WHOTHEFCKWROTETHIS'. I may regret that decision. We'll see.

Belle Emily wrote: "Currently reading. 20% through and all I can think is "WHATALOADOFCRAP". I'm going to finish it though so I can write a review. I also wanna read the part where I'm guessing he inevitably cheats an..."

see how it goes and let me know :)

Emily Jane Shall do. At the moment it's not going good. It started to go down hill when Jack beats Jared up for sleeping with Jared's girlfriend. What happened to morals and logic?

Emily Jane Also, when she kisses Jack after they've eating burger + chips and urm.... he tastes of cinnamon? I just couldn't get my head around that.

Belle Emily wrote: "Also, when she kisses Jack after they've eating burger + chips and urm.... he tastes of cinnamon? I just couldn't get my head around that."

hahahahahaha true point.

Emily Jane This is going on the 'unfinished' shelf. I cannot read further.

Belle Emily wrote: "This is going on the 'unfinished' shelf. I cannot read further."
understandable. i struggled with the last quarter of the book.

Emily Jane Just skim read over this (i.e. finding the important bits and reading). I'm glad I didn't bother reading it all. But I've just heard there's going to be a second book. What's gonna happen? She's gonna cheat on him and get knocked up then lie? I don't see how it can go any further...:/

Belle Emily wrote: "Just skim read over this (i.e. finding the important bits and reading). I'm glad I didn't bother reading it all. But I've just heard there's going to be a second book. What's gonna happen? She's go..."

haha there is always new drama or repeated with these kinds of books :P

message 20: by Komal (new)

Komal i was looking forward to read this one. i almost bought it today but thabkfully the store did not have it in stock. But after readung your review i think i"ll give it a pass. soynds awful

message 21: by Komal (new)

Komal i just noticed all the typos in my previous message. sorry for that..typing on your moblie + studying 6 hours straight does that to you i guess.

Belle Riya wrote: "i just noticed all the typos in my previous message. sorry for that..typing on your moblie + studying 6 hours straight does that to you i guess."

haha no problem :)