Jans's Reviews > Beneath a Silent Moon

Beneath a Silent Moon by Tracy Grant

U_50x66
Jan 17, 09

Recommended to Jans by: Gather.com
Recommended for: Those who like historical romance/mysteries
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

Beneath a Silent Moon by Tracy Grant - Book Review

I’ve always been a fan of Regency romance novels, so this book intrigued me. It is far from the standard Regency tale, however. Regency romances tend to be very predictable. Although the story is laid in England and Scotland in 1817, this novel is much more than a romantic adventure or bodice-ripper. This story grabs the reader on page one and holds on through the conclusion.

Thickly packed with mystery, intrigue, espionage, murder, and a secret society, this complicated plot has more layers than an onion. The members of a family and their close friends peel away the layers, one by one, exposing shocking lies and even more shocking truths. Letters written in secret code and hidden rooms are included in the quest. Suspicions run rampant in the old Scottish castle where the characters seek to untangle countless threads to unmask the killer.

Many of the characters have secrets and almost every one is a suspect at some point. Once the facts come to light and pieces are put in place, the reader almost needs a scorecard to keep track of the complicated connections.

The story ends very nicely, with a series of letters to tie up loose ends and give the story a solid conclusion.

I ordered and read Tracy Grant’s sequel to this book, “Secrets of a Lady”. It was also excellent.

My Grade: A

Paperback: 496 pages
Publisher: Avon A (April 29, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061473553
ISBN-13: 978-0061473555
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath a Silent Moon.