Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Angel's Ink

Nov 17, 12

bookshelves: books-read-2012, witches-shaman-magic
Read from November 07 to 15, 2012

This review was posted at Under the Covers

This author came highly recommended so I was very excited that she was starting a new series, since her other one is already a few books in and I have to catch up. Add to that when I saw her at a panel at NY Comic Con earlier this year she was one of my favorite authors when I heard her speak. Of course, you add tattoos to that and it just seemed like a winner. When I picked up the actual book and saw that there were quotes by two of my favorite authors (J.R. Ward and Kim Harrison) I was sold.

ANGEL’S INK is a little bit different than other UF’s I’m used to reading, especially because it’s written from a male POV. Gage is the only warlock that left training and is now the owner of a tattoo parlor. In this world, people can come get tattoos with potions mixed in for whatever they want, good luck, sex appeal, etc. Gage works with an elf in hiding (Trixie) and a troll (Bronx). All the problems start when a human comes in asking for a tattoo of angel wings and says she’s dying of cancer. Gage, being the nice guy he is, decides to help her by mixing an angel feather into the potion with the ink.

Problem is this makes her immortal and now he’s in trouble with the Grim Reaper and if he doesn’t reverse his mistake in three days, the Grim Reaper will take him in her place. And this is just the beginning of a crazy ride. Warlock wars and even the Royal Summer Court looking for Trixie to bring her back. Magic, tattoos and a bit of a scary world. This book was action packed and entertaining.

In between all that, I loved to see Gage and Trixie getting together. They’ve been dancing around each other for a long time and these trying situations for both have brought them together. This book was full of wonderful and strong characters!

I really can’t wait to read more from this author. I found her writing was excellent, able to keep me interested and turning the pages, as well as very smooth and easy to read. Now that Gage’s story is pretty much set, I wonder what will come next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Ink.

11/07/2012
8.0% "Started out catching my interest!"