Marissa's Reviews > Violet Midnight

Violet Midnight by Lynn Rush

Oct 16, 12

This was a very creative New Adult Novel! The story was quite suspenseful and just really intriguing! Emma is in College in Arizona, and for the past two years, she has been a hunter. In the first chapter, you imagine her in action, and that kiss ass scene, and pretty much a lot of others like it would be pretty cool to see on screen, just mentioning :) But anyway, after a car crash that killed her parents, Emma experiences a new self, one that is super strong, but cannot eat/drink, and sleep, but she can kick butt! But, how did she learn to grasp her role as a hunter? Well, while she was in the hospital, from that crash, she received help from a new helpful friend, Gabriel, that she might have fell in love with, but after losing him more than a year ago, Emma has learned to keep the people she deeply cares about, safe from the Vamps she has to deal with, and when she and her roommate are at a lively College party, the Vamps are near, and due to the glow tattoo on her wrist, that gives her indication that Vamps are nearby, Emma again kills them off, but unfortunately one almost kills her, but is thankfully saved by...Jake, another student, that had laid eyes on her during the party, until she mysteriously disappeared and after witnessing something that he definitely has questions about, he saves Emma from almost drowning in a pool.

Now, to Jake, who sounds mega cute :) At this party, Emma, immediately catches his eye, and after saving her life, they share a magnetic kiss, and it's just so sensual and sweet, and these two just know, that they need to be with one another, because they instantly feel some sort of connection, but Jake has questions, and they really have to do with Emma and the scene he witnessed; why would he not ask right? As Emma explains what she is, he has more questions and coincidences to share, because...well let me just say, it's something interesting, because Jake is different like Emma, but...yes there is a but. There is a definite twist to this story that can threaten Jack and Emma's new relationship, and the people they care about, so you just gotta read what happens here; it's just purely wonderful!

What I really liked, were the Emma and Jake's flashbacks, because for me, that helped me develop and understand their characters more. The story itself, hunters, and vampires was really cool, and there are definitely some surprises here and there! The romance was beautifully written out, and you can really feel how Emma and Jake feel for one another and there are some swooning like scenes here and there, so look out for them! I absolutely loved how this story ended, but now I'm craving for the next one in this series, so I definitely look forward to that! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violet Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynn Rush Thanks for reading and reviewing Violet Midnight!!!! Glad you enjoyed the story! :)

Marissa Yes! It was just wonderful! Looking forward to the next story! :)