Alexis *Reality Bites*'s Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

Spoiler Free Review -Quick Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult/College Romance
WARNING: This book contains cheating if you do not like that in your read please move on.

Everybody's like, 'He's no item. Please don't like him.
He don't wife 'em, he one nights 'em!' ~Lyrics Jay-Z

After reading this you will never be able to look at a quarter the same way again. AND YES I am referring to currency that totals twenty-five cents.

"Your my game changer, you know that?"
"Game changer?"
I shook my head unsure of the meaning.
"The one girl who changes everything, the one you'd give it all up for."
He brushed his thumb down my cheek.
"I don't want you to give everything up."
"I know that. But here's the thing about baseball, Kitten. There's an expiration date for every single one of us that plays and we all know it. Eventually my baseball career will come to an end, and I can live with that, but I can't live without you."
~Jack and Cassie

I fell hard, HARD for Jack Carter. This man had me wrapped around his pinky. And then he crushed me, and I broke into a million tiny pieces that scattered away the second the wind blew. **sighs heavily** Why Jack?? Whhhhyyyy?!??

In The Perfect Game Cassie Andrews a photography student in her Junior year in college meets Jack Carter the school star athlete. He is a baseball player. A pitcher with a fastball that has scouts lined up to watch him play. He is also known as a man-whore on campus. A man-whore who has never slept with the same girl twice.
When Melissa, Cassie's best-friend and roommate sees Cassie spot Jack. She puts the brakes on and asks Cassie to promise her that she will steer clear of him. Cassie promises...but it doesn't hold weight. Jack zero's in on Cassie and her constant rejection spurs him on. He wants her now and he won't stop until he gets her. And he does...he gets her.
Annnnndddd then he... Breaks. Her. Heart.

Thoughts

I loved him. I hated him. Then I fell for him all over again. I enjoyed this book it was filled with lots of witty banter between Jack and Cassie, and with Melissa and Cassie. Melissa was an excellent best-friend she kept it 100% with Cassie and never ever said things to placate her or the circumstances surrounding Jack. Jack was the epitome of a bad-boy and he played up to that role everyday of his life.

Both Jack and Cassie had parentage issues that effected them deeply. And this showed in their actions often. This book takes two unexpected turns. One felt out of place yet the author used it to her advantage. For one: It showcased Jacks alpha male 'I will kick your ass' side. For two: You really began to see through his macho male ego that he truly loves and will do anything for Cassie. The second curve ball thrown was not unexpected but was still SHOCKING and pretty much drove me insane.
I will not say more for fear of saying to much. I will say that I got my HAPPY ENDING!! **claps hands**

Fave new word

Craptitude

"Way to ruin a perfectly good moment with your craptitude"

"Craptitude?"
He mocked.
"Yeah. Your crappy attitude."

Fave Line

"It cost fifty cents every time you touch me. Don't do it again."
~Cassie
This is a fave line because Jack is sure to use it to his advantage... In ways you would never imagine.lol!!!!!

My Ratings
Characters- Lovable and Witty
Writing Style- Good
Plot/Storyline- Good
Steam Factor- Medium/Moderately Steamy
Overall- I enjoyed it! Read it!
For more reviews got to http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...
Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it on Goodreads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

10/18/2012
21.0% "About to get back to my book :)"
10/18/2012 "Seriously?? WHAT. THE. FUCK." 6 comments
10/18/2012 "**Inhales slowly, Exhales slowly**" 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-33 of 33) </span> <span class="smallText">(33 new)</span>

Nicole Can't wait to see what you think of this book.

Alexis *Reality Bites* Nicole wrote: "Can't wait to see what you think of this book."

I just started, Jack is about to go away for his game...and he's spending the night.

Kellie Maddox-Ward This sounds right up my ally! Great review

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Kellie!

message 5: by Amy (BW) (new) - added it

Amy (BW) Great review....can't wait to sink my teeth into it. ;o)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Amy!! :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Lazy Jeff wrote: "Wonderful review, Alexis! I've already added it to the pile. Jesus, it looks and sounds real good :)"

Thanks Daria!! :)

Elizabeth (Liz) Yay! Wondered about this one, but it sounds like my kind of book. Great review!!

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Elizabeth!! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. I love the 50c line. Totally reading this book! =)

message 12: by Splage (last edited Oct 21, 2012 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Splage This sounds like my kind of story, cheater, angst, athlete and younger love. Great review!

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Splage!! You should check it out, it was a goodread! :)

April I love the quarter jar! It was my favorite "extra fun piece" from this book!

April Good review!

Alexis *Reality Bites* April wrote: "I love the quarter jar! It was my favorite "extra fun piece" from this book!"

Yes, I love how she used the quaters throughout the story!
Thanks April!! :)

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Amazing review!!! Loved it. I am so glad you loved this book :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thank you Angie!! :)

message 19: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Great review Alexis!

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks KatLynne!! :)

Airah ♔ Well said Alexis! I liked Jack too, only at the beginning. Jack's very prepared, isn't he? Fifty cents for every touch. I loved it! lololols. XO

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Airah!! I Loved me some Jack!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Milne Just read your review. Since I can resist a man whore, I'm going to read it.

Alexis *Reality Bites* Hahahaha!! Enjoy Jennifer! :)

message 25: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Wonderful review Alexis!!:))

Alexis *Reality Bites* Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Alexis!!:))"

Thanks Dd!! :)

message 27: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Awesome review, Alexis!! :)) Craptitude!! Love it! hehehe... :DD

message 28: by Alexis *Reality Bites* (last edited Dec 27, 2012 07:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexis *Reality Bites* Richa wrote: "Awesome review, Alexis!! :)) Craptitude!! Love it! hehehe... :DD"

Thank you Richa!! :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Soraya Naomi wrote: "No I don't like cheating, thanks for the warning ;-)"

No prob! :))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review Alexis! Did not quite hit the mark for me, but glad you enjoyed = )))

Alexis *Reality Bites* SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Awesome review Alexis! Did not quite hit the mark for me, but glad you enjoyed = )))"

Thank you SueBee!!!
You were not alone this one got a lot of mixed reviews.

Alexis *Reality Bites* Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "Wonderful review, Alexis!"

Thanks Baba!!! :))