Jax Garren's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Oct 13, 12

I usually start getting bored with a series featuring a single protagonist around book 5 or 6. The Hollows continues to be the exception to that rule. I think that's because of how dern much I like Trent and Algaliarept. I've never been a huge Ivy fan, at least not as a 'shipper. Not because I mind the f/f (Cathy Pegau's Rulebreaker is a great recent example of awesome f/f), but because I just never bought them as anything other than friends. Plus the whole vampire-bite-forced-lust thing squigs me out a bit.

But Rachel continues to learn and grow with each book. Her increased powers keep coming with equally increased consequences. The tangled relationships and prejudices between her, Al, and Trent make for a compelling read. And I love how willing Kim Harrison is to play with moral shades of gray. There's so much great comparison between modern politics and Rachel's tough choices between what's legal and what's right. I'm eagerly looking forward to book 11 and all the angst that shall entail!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.