Ashley's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

Oct 12, 12

After reading over 200 books, I have finally decided to write my first review.

I'm not real sure where my thoughts are on this book. I had very high expectations for it, and sadly I'm also a little disappointed.

For me, this book was too similar to Beautiful Disaster and because of that, it was hard for me to get into this book since Beautiful Disaster happens to be one of my favorite books. I felt there wasn't a lot of development between the characters in the beginning of the book. It was almost as if Cassie went from trying to stay away from Jack in the first chapter to being madly in love with him in the next. I would have preferred there be a lot more build up into the relationship.

Another thing that bothered me a lot was the cheating. I can tolerate a lot of things, but cheating is not one of them. Once I hit that point in the book, it almost became hard to finish reading it. I couldn't understand how Cassie could be so forgiving. I don't see any situation, drunk or not, where cheating can be tolerated and forgiven. I didn't mind Chrystel coming on to Jack and being persistent and I probably could have even dealt with him contemplating the situation, but once he slept with her, I disliked Jack's character.

Overall, because the story so closely resembled Beautiful Disaster, I found it didn't quite measure up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shannon Agree with the cheating, I haven't finished a few books due to the love triangles or full on deceit/cheating. That's why I'm unsure about this book. Thanks for the review.