Diana Francis's Reviews > I'll Be Home For Christmas

I'll Be Home For Christmas by Fern Michaels

Oct 12, 12

I bought this book today because I was looking for some romance, some Christmas (Oh, hush, I like sappy Christmas romances, even in October), and I was waiting on my prescription at the Safeway pharmacy and it was going to take me a good 1/2 hour to wait. So I got this book. I'll admit, I only read part of it. The rest I skimmed. Clearly I didn't like it.

There are two main reasons. First, the stories read more like scripts than fiction. I just don't feel the depth of the setting/characters/emotions that I wanted. The second reason was that the coming together of the hero and heroine were basically skipped over without any real emotional buildup or crescendo of emotion. Sort of the way Bones totally skipped over Booth's and Bones' relationship coming together (which still pisses me off). So these stories may be good for someone else. But they just weren't any good for me. This is the first Fern Michaels I've read. I'm doubting I'll be picking anything else up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Be Home For Christmas.