Mandy's Reviews > Getting Rid Of Matthew

Getting Rid Of Matthew by Jane Fallon

Aug 09, 2007

bookshelves: adult, funny
Recommended for: women who like funny chick lit
Read in July, 2007

Finally finished it. It's hilarious and written with the same british humour that I've been used to of late. A friend bought it in London and read it, said it reminded her of me....and passed it on.

A woman is having an affair with a married man. Just as she decides she's getting fed up with it/him (4 years into the affair), he shows up on her doorstep having left his family and now wants to be with her.

She's less-than-amused that this has happened and decides to do everything in her power to repel him and make him want to leave her. This includes buying incontinence pads and leaving them about the house, not shaving...anywhere...ever...you get the idea.

As the story goes on, she does more and more appalling things that include lying, being the subject of office gossip, befriending the ex-wife...etc. I found myself laughing out loud and sitting with my mouth wide open wondering how she was going to get out of this mess. Really liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Rid Of Matthew.