Paula's Reviews > Fugitive Days: A Memoir

Fugitive Days by Bill Ayers

Jan 28, 09

Read in January, 2009

I was soooooooooooo looking forward to reading his account of his years with the Weather Underground group, with whom I've always been fascinated - but I hated his writing style and never did adjust to it. There was something frenetic and unfocused about it that agitated me, and I felt emotionally gypped throughout, like he was holding out somehow. There was some real emotion missing from it – and it makes me wonder how different (and better?) the same account would be if told through the eyes of his wife, Bernardine Dohrn. I've never read a book that made me feel the way this one did, and I'm not sure what to say about it. I kept thinking it would get better and it didn't.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fugitive Days.

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Please let me know how you like this. I am interested in what he has to say aboutthose times.
Anne

Paula Will do, Anne. So far I don't care for it much at all. Don't like his style of writing. I'm toying with skipping ahead to get to "the good parts" but ultimately I'm not sure I'm going to make it through this one.

Nancy I too was disappointed in this book. Try Underground: My Life With SDS and the Weathermen by Mark Rudd for a better look at these times.