kamxx's Reviews > Boy Meets Girl

Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot

1920273
Jan 16, 2009

One thing that struck me most is when the father of the Hortzags said: “..I can see how this information might be upsetting to some of you. However, I had a near death experience a year ago, and it taught me one thing: Don’t waste your time on astupid shit. And frankly, all I seem to hear from some of you people is stupid shit.

“..Now I would appreciate it if you would all quit calling me, e-mailing me, FedExing me, faxing me, and leaving messages for me at the hotel desk. I am on VACATION. I will let you know when it’s over. But I can tell you, it won’t be anytime soon.”

My eyes popped out, because it is exactly the thing that God is telling me to do! Don’t waste my time on stupid shit! I spend most of my time in stupid things: being annoyed to my brother, registering to new websites knowing I will not use it in the long run, contemplating about my life in the past (the happy and sad moments) and dreaming about my future. I want to live my life in a day. I want to live it here and now.

Lesson learned and I want to live it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Meets Girl.

07/07/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe! I re-read this book after about 5 years, and yep, that e-mail from the dad was one of my favorite parts in the book.

Danielle I thought the exact same thing. It really made me think.

Nette Yeah, the Dad was pretty awesome. ;P

message 4: by Ernica (new) - added it

Ernica just finished reading the book and that part...still don't understand why the dad would marry someone like margaret though