Yesi ~ LLL's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

Nov 17, 12

Read on October 12, 2012

After thinking about it for a couple of days my rating has been bumped up. ~ The first half of the book was good although I thought Jack and Cassie got together too quickly. The second half of the book, about 60% in, made me so sick that I wanted to jump in my iPad and punch Jack! What he did, and he knew exactly what he was doing, was just so awful my heart broke. Seriously my heart was racing the entire time and then it was shattered. The way he handled the situation...EVEN WORSE! I hated him and the other person involved even though he was trying to do "the right thing". UGH! I thought he was the biggest jerk for what he did and the biggest idiot for how he handled it! Cassie was stupid for begging and for how quickly all was forgiven. The ending ALMOST made up for the horrible angst the second half of the book gave me. Overall, it was a great read! I would recommend it if you like baseball, a HOT baseball player, college romance, and an angst filled read with some funny moments and a love conquers all tone to it. The secondary characters, Melissa and Dean were fantastic and I hope we get their stories too. Any book that makes have all kinds of emotions is definitely worth the read and a 4+star rating! Read it!!!
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

51.0% "Noooooooooooo! You freaking idiot! Ugh!" 1 comment
10/12/2012 "OMG!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is freaking thumping!!!!"
76.0% "This is so f'd up! Seriously???!?!? Aaaarrrgggg!" 2 comments
10/12/2012
100.0% "The ending ALMOST made up for the crap that was the second half of the book!" 1 comment
10/13/2012
61.0% "Nooooooooooooooo you freaking idiot!!!! Walk away!!!!!"
10/13/2012
78.0% "Jack is he biggest effin idiot ever!"

Linda I agree, Jack knew exactly what he was doing. When he finally told Cassie a few weeks later I felt he blamed the girl. He kept saying he told her no but she wouldn't listen. He also blamed the alcohol. All excuses of course. Jack is a jerk. I don't like how he handled the situation at all. He made the situation worse. he is far from honorable. His logic about being punished for what he did to Cassie was STUPID. I hate him :)

Yesi ~ LLL Linda wrote: "I agree, Jack knew exactly what he was doing. When he finally told Cassie a few weeks later I felt he blamed the girl. He kept saying he told her no but she wouldn't listen. He also blamed the alco..."

Linda, I am happy you feel the same way...his behavior and actions were inexcusable and he would have never told her about it. He only did because he was screwed. Oh and what idiot doesn't ask for a pregnancy/paternity test??? He just took her word for it! Ugh!!!!

Yesi ~ LLL Rebecca wrote: "I couldn't have said it better. I felt exactly like you."

Thanks...Jack is one book character that I wanted to love and did right up until he pulled that stunt!

Jess I couldn't agree more! It was worrying me how quickly she decided to love him and how long the book was spending in the first half with them being happy. I was just waiting for something bad to happen. Then when it rained it poured!! I sprint read to the end hoping to stop the anger, thank goodness for the ending!