Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog's Reviews > Under the Desert Moon

Under the Desert Moon by Emma Meade

Nov 13, 12

bookshelves: ya
Read from November 11 to 13, 2012

Background: Erin lives in a very small town called Coppersville in Arizona and is counting the days until she can leave this boring place. Over the summer between her Junior and Senior years a movie takes over the small town to shoot a vampire film. Erin has been given the opportunity to take pictures for the production and is excited to do so, until she meets James, the star of the movie. There is something strange and intriguing about him, and he looks very familiar.

Review: I love when I can finish a book in a matter of a few hours and then be excited to write a review, this is one of those books. I started the book on a Monday night and was able to finish it the next day. Meade is a wonderful story teller because she leaves out the filler. You get to know the characters little by little, but you get suspense, adventure, and romance throughout that keeps you questioning, in awe, or swooning. I enjoyed this read immensely.

The main character Erin, is strong and a little stubborn. Her brother Nick, is supportive yet pestering as brothers can be and James, our swoon worthy male lead is just that, swoon-worthy, dark mysterious, menacing and the Byronic hero- tall, dark, and handsome to the nth degree.

The plot was fast paced and strong, the story progresses nicely from pre-movie excitement to all out chaos seamlessly. I liked the Vampire within a vampire irony of this book and I think vampire book readers will enjoy it too.

This is a teen read, nothing explicit involved, a nice teen romance story that is playful and fun.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Desert Moon.