Stacy's Reviews > River Road

River Road by Suzanne  Johnson

Nov 29, 12

bookshelves: bewitching-book-tours
Read from October 28 to 29, 2012

I think Drusilla is kick butt. She has grown so much from the the the beginning of book one and she continued to grow and change throughout RIVER ROAD. There was a fantastic mystery to be solved that I honestly didn't guess the bad guy until it was almost revealed. The suspense and action were just as fantastic if not better then ROYAL STREET. I enjoyed the addition of the mermen and the nymphs. Alex had to put a lot of trust into a certain mermen and they now have a connection that I'm sure will find its way into the storyline in the future. It will be interesting to see where the author takes that.

The romance's are a bit crazy. I was super excited to see DJ and Alex together but unfortunately they had decided to be just partners and nothing more in the YEARS between ROYAL STREET and the start of book 2, uggh why so long? I guess it makes sense after reading the book but it was a bummer. It looks like all might be redeemed in book 3 though so I will cross my fingers. I really enjoyed the chapter where Alex brought DJ home with him to meet his family who thought they had been dating all this time. Jean Lafitte really grew on me in RIVER ROAD, we get to see a different side of him and I like what I saw. She dates Jake a bit in the book as well and although I like him I'm still rooting for Alex.

This series has a great setting with a constantly evolving world, interesting characters with great growth and a plot that keeps you engaged and waiting to see what will happen next. I would recommend starting with book 1 as there is a lot of world building and characters introductions that you would miss out on. I'm excited to see what Suzanne throws into the mix next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Road.