Alana's Reviews > Murder in Mesopotamia

Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie

Jan 17, 09

Read in January, 2009

The general story is this: a nurse is hired to look after the wife of an archaeological dig leader. She isn't ill, but she is under the impression that someone is trying to kill her. So the reader won't be surprised (even if everyone else in the story is) when she winds up dead and it appears as though only a member of the dig team could have done it.
I purchased this one at an airport bookstore, and it was just what I needed for airport time as I waited for connections and the flights themselves. Murder in Mesopotamia is written from the perspective of one of the characters, a nurse, and the voice was fine, but I generally prefer the voice of Poirot's number two, Captain Hastings (even if Hastings is a little dim sometimes). Also, I guessed the murderer from the get-go, so there was little surprise there for me, but I still enjoyed the story overall. After reading some Poirot short stories, I was pleased to have a book where the reader could figure things out along side Poirot, confirming suspicions, rather than simply pulling a murderer out of thin air and explaining once he/she has been identified.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in Mesopotamia.