Embee's Reviews > The Weight of All Things

The Weight of All Things by Sandra Benitez

1220498
Jan 16, 09

bookshelves: to-read

Eva wrote such a glowing review that I had to add this to my 'to-read' list.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weight of All Things.

message 1: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger Well! This just makes me feel so darn great! LOL I'm not the best reviewer, especially for a book like this because it's not what I normally read, so I'm thrilled I conveyed to you how much I liked it.
I'm going to grab her other two that I know of very soon and hopefully they'll be half as good as this one is. You will NOT be dissappointed!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger I forgot you like right over in Elkton- I could mail the book in less than a week I'm sure- it'd only be about two bucks Media Mail.
Heck, I could almost drop it off to you! LOL I go to the Wal-Mart there all the time still! LOL

message 3: by Embee (new) - added it

Embee Thanks SO much for the offer of lending me the book. That's VERY sweet of you but I'm going to decline and let me explain why...

Right now I'm reading 'Inkheart' the book my daughter begged me to read. And frankly, I just don't know how you and many others can read SO MANY BOOKS at one time??? If I try reading more than one I get the stories all convoluted. I'm also a slow reader who needs perfect quiet to focus and a switch to turn off the voice in my brain which nags me about all the other things I should be doing instead of reading. I know, hard to believe I joined up with 'Goodreads' in the first place. SO, what I'm saying is, I'd hate myself if I borrowed a book you treasured and put it on a shelf for a year before I even got to it. That would just make me incredibly rude! However, if I buy the book for myself and put it on a shelf and never read it, I'd only end up disappointing myself.

Still, I am incredibly grateful to you for offering the book to me and I promise that when I DO read it we'll have to make plans to get together and discuss it. Deal?

message 4: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger You're funny! I don't think it's hard to believe you signed up here. Some people just read faster than others. To be honest, the ONLY reason I'm able to read as much as I do right now is because I'm not working. My daughter is three and she just the other week started preschool part-time so I can't get a job (unless I can find one for three hours a day three days a week! LOL) and have a lot of spare time.
And even with not working I still have days and weeks and months where I don't get a lot of reading in. When I start working again it'll slow WAY down, believe me! LOL
I really meant that you could keep the book but I suppose I could have said that. I didn't think about it to be honest. I belong to two different book swapping sites so I'm used to sending books to people and them keeping them, I never thought to specify that.
You just keep the offer in mind and let me know. If you do want it though you could keep it and read it ten years from now if that works for you! :)
I better go- I'm falling asleep sitting here at my desk. (I was up half the night with my daughter who is getting sick.)