Shelby the Incredible's Reviews > Reaction

Reaction by Jessica Roberts

Feb 05, 13

bookshelves: own
Read in November, 2012

After really loving Reflection, I was so eager to read more. The cliffhanger at the end of the first book drove me crazy, so I was super excited to be able to participate in this blog tour.
And guys, you have to read this second book.

I’m being honest when I say that I loved Reaction even more than I loved Reflection. Heather has finally awoken from her coma, and she’s back in the real world now. But three years have passed since she’s talked with any of her friends (or him) and she has no idea how their lives have changed while hers has stayed the same.

Boy, have their lives changed.

She’s come into the picture, and it changes everything Heather and Nick ever had. Heather will have to choose between fighting for what she believes is still hers and letting him go. After all they’ve been through, after three years of dreaming about him, will she have to walk away?

If you read my review of Reflection, you’ll remember (or maybe you won’t…haha excuse my bad pun) that I thought the plot was a little slow. Not so with Reaction. I felt like it was more fast-paced, with more climaxes and twists than Reflection had. The romance was more intense, too. Love triangles usually have that effect. I felt I got to know Heather even more, as if her character was delved into more than it was in Reflection. We also get to see more vulnerability in Nick, which I loved.

There were a lot of instances of Heather remembering the time she had with Nick and all the things they did. I found myself thinking, “She knew the guy for only six months- they such must have spent a lot of time together.” That was really the only quirk I had with Reaction. Of course, it had its dorky moments (like the ending…gosh, I really didn’t like the closing scene), but they were minor irritants in this amazing love story. I hope you pick it up, as well as Reflection, because this is a book you don’t want to miss out on.

Quick Content Review: *may contain spoilers*
Language: None
Violence: None
Sexual: Mild-Moderate (Heather and Nick kiss a couple times, sometimes passionately; also some cuddling/fondling. Nothing explicit and no sex.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reaction.