Carolyn's Reviews > Swapping Lives

Swapping Lives by Jane Green

Jan 19, 09

bookshelves: favorite-books, own, great-reads
Read in January, 2009

I really enjoyed reading this book. I was delighted to see the main topics tackled, especially as it's considered "chick lit", were not about attaining the perfect guy or finding the perfect "shag" or following some bumbling female who doesn't do her job properly but somehow finds true love and sucess suddenly, and predictibly, at the end of the book... but rather about substantial and relevent stuff that we all deal with in our day to day lives: like what the most important things to have in your life in order to acheive true peace and happiness we all seem to be yearning for and addressing our every day snap judgements. So, if this sounds good to you grab a copy and enjoy! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swapping Lives.

Quotes Carolyn Liked

Jane Green
“Marriage should be about fun,” she says gently. “It’s about friendship, and laughter, and trust, and fun. If it’s not fun, if you take it all too seriously, what’s the point? You know I’ve been with Andy for fifteen years, and the reason it still works is because he’s my best friend and he still makes me laugh. Admittedly, not all the time, and often we get completely bogged down in work, and the kids, and life, but he’s still the person I most want to phone when anything happens in life, and he’s still the person who makes me laugh the most.”
Jane Green, Swapping Lives