Amy at bookgoonie's Reviews > Torched

Torched by Andrea Colt

Oct 17, 12

bookshelves: publisher, ebook, 2012-debut, 2012-read, contemporary, standalone, ya
Read from October 11 to 13, 2012

When I saw that Miranda Kenneally loved this book, I knew I had to give it a try. If you’ve been living in a cave or not reading my blog, Miranda Kenneally is the fabulous author of Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker. *light bulb comes on* Now you see why. And the cover is AWESOME.

Despite Rose’s early appearances of what looks like shallowness and elite-itis, I enjoyed following her voice. When she could have easily crumbled when her life spiraled out of control, she dug in and held her head high. She never waivered in her determination to find who framed her and not break when the entire school turns on her at the direction of her ex-best friend. She grew so much. So much, that she actually starts thinking she deserved to be framed.

The mystery of WHO DID IT had me flipping the pages. There were many suspects on my list and hers. I didn’t actually know the guilty party till Rose put all the puzzle pieces together herself. Well done Andrea. I don’t find myself stumped too often in YA Contemporary books.

But what makes me all gooey inside is friends turns romances. I’m a sucker for them. Paxton and Rose were best buds up until middle school then an all out war broke out between them. Rose’s crisis opens her up to his help, even though he was SUSPECT #1. Their Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy routine brings them together. Rose remembers that old ease of the two of them together. She starts questioning where it all went wrong between them and how she feels about him and EVERYONE in her life. WARNING: Andrea played with my heart a bit, but it was worth it. P.S. Paxton is completely crushable. Quarterback, loyal, and sweet (but not sticky sweet).

For fans of YA Contemporary, I think it is a MUST grab. I recommend you take advantage of the sweet ebook deal right now $3.99 for both nook and kindle.

Who are you when it is all stripped away?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torched.

10/12/2012 page 53