Kirsty's Reviews > Just Remember to Breathe

Just Remember to Breathe by Charles Sheehan-Miles

Oct 16, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, favourites-2012
Read from October 15 to 16, 2012

This review is one of the easiest I've been able to write lately, because quite simply it was a brilliant, brilliant book.

Once I started it I couldn't, and didn't want to stop.
I completely 100% understood every feeling and response each of the characters had and couldn't blame them in the slightest for choices they made, even if at times it was so frustrating to read about.
Right from the very beginning you could see how much Alex and Dylan loved and needed each other and I was more than happy to witness them make that journey to finally move on from their past and be together. At about 30% I remember thinking, "well great they're together now, where else can this story possibly go?" But, boy did it go! And it really didn't stop until right at the very last page. My heart kept on pounding throughout the last few chapters and I was pretty terrified for the ending, but I got the one I wanted and it was worth all the tears and the angst.
It was all very interesting to read a book where PTSD is included, especially when it's after being at war. I've not read a book that focuses on those issues before and although at times it was pretty heart breaking to read, it was also pretty insightful to see how one person deals with it and how it effects him, and the people around him.

I am so glad to hear there is going to be another book in the series, about a different couple. I'd gladly read more and more books by this author.

My only negative is the grammar and few spelling mistakes but it was very easy to look past that because the story was so brilliant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Remember to Breathe.

Quotes Kirsty Liked

Charles Sheehan-Miles
“You're crazy, Dylan. Oh, my God, you proposed marriage with index cards? No one else in the world would do that. Yes. Yes, Yes! If you ask me a thousand times, then every single time I'll say yes.”
Charles Sheehan-Miles, Just Remember to Breathe
tags: alex

10/16/2012
34.0% "well that was pretty heart breaking."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kirsten P Yep, at 30% I have written down why are they together this soon? It's to early. Oh jeez I'm in for a ride.

message 2: by Whitney (new) - added it

Whitney What's the page count?

Kirsty Whitney wrote: "What's the page count?"

290 pages according to Amazon.

message 4: by Whitney (new) - added it

Whitney Excellent- thanks!

Joanna How many chapters? I was reading it through goodreads, and there were only 6 chapters, and it ended so abruptly, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything or that this wasn't just a sample and I need to buy it to finish it. Loved the story tho :o)

Kirsty I'm not sure how many chapters there is in total but if you were reading it on here I imagine it's just a sample. I definitely recommend finishing it up! One of my favourites, as is his newest book 'A Song For Julia' that's out on the 15th.

Kirsten P JRTB has 17 chapters, so you have missed some Joanna.

Joanna Thanks!!! I just bought it...whew, I was really into it an then it just cut off, haha! Thanks for the other book recommendation! I'm always looking for new romances to add to my to read list!!

Kirsten P You'll enjoy this story and his new one, A Song for Julia.