Michelle Walsh's Reviews > Anything He Wants

Oct 15, 12

Read in October, 2012

ARC Review: Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes
Review: 4 out of 5 stars

Another alpha male dominates the innocent, less than noticed female protagonist. This time though, I really enjoyed the novel. I enjoyed the instant chemistry between the characters and readers see Jeremiah’s dominate side immediately. The plot line seemed to start out very cliché like, but the characters were anything but. Jeremiah comes from money and as CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation is used to getting what he wants. What we don’t see in the beginning is how he never wanted any of it; he was in the military, a trained Army Ranger sniper. Readers see his immense need for control and dominance, and honestly…IT IS HOT.

Lucy Delacourt seems like your typical female protagonist that we are used to seeing; somewhat weak, innocent and low income. There were times throughout the novel that I really wanted to smack her, but towards the end Lucy’s character develops a sort of defiant stance and backbone. The ending is the best! I look forward to reading more from Fawkes as she continues Lucy and Jeremiah’s story. My only suggestion is to not make it as short. Just as I started to really enjoy the characters, the novel was over.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything He Wants.