DumDum's Reviews > Joy of Cooking

Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer

Aug 09, 2007

bookshelves: cookbooks
Recommended for: house wives

This is the best reference book ever! Not only are the directions clear and concise, the recipes are delish. This is a must have for new cooks as well as experienced. Now girls, start pleasing your men and get in the kitchen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Joy of Cooking.

message 1: by DumDum (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

DumDum Which Moosewood, I have the first one. I use her pesto recipe as well as her split pea soup (although I had a couple of ham hocks.

You need to have Betty Crocker's Cookie Cook Book. It's the best if only for the pictures. Perhaps I'll give that a review..

message 2: by Malbadeen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Malbadeen I investigated Joy of Cooking while living with a family that kept a Kosher kitchen. I mostly was just frustrated at the lack of things I could cook. By the by Dum, Dum after the question "Which Moosewood" you need a question mark - HA! Damn you and your dictionary skills, they will only get you so far.