Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Pantomime

Pantomime by Laura Lam

Oct 15, 12

bookshelves: review-books, uk-author
Read from October 11 to 14, 2012

I don't really know where to start when it comes to reviewing this little gem apart from saying it's flawless and just WOW!

This review will be short deliberately as I don't really have the words to do it justice and I don't want to spoil the secret of this wonderful for anyone because it is jaw dropping. Believe me when I say this is one of the most unique stories for young adults I have read in a long long while (and this comes from a girl who has currently read about 250 so far this year). It's magical and beautifully written and the issue it revolves round is tackled in such a brilliant and fascinating way.

For me this book, everything else aside, is all about Gene and Micah working out who it is they want to be and accepting who they are and not what society expects of them. The way in which this is done is brilliant as it's just so heart-wrenching and emotional. You really find yourself invested in the characters and their hopes, dreams and fears to the point where they get under your skin and won't let you go.

The setting of the book is exciting. I'm not a huge circus book fan but I found myself getting into this one. You really getting a sense of the circus and its magic around with a real feel for the life style the members of the circus lead.

A fantastic read, a stunning debut and a jaw dropping secret! I cannot wait for book two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pantomime.