Gail's Reviews > The Pagan Stone

Jan 15, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in January, 2008

Three men, three women, a dog and an ancient evil. Three books and three love stories. Nora Roberts writes good books with interesting, supenseful plots. In this series, Nora Roberts shakes hands with Stephen King as the horror evolves. Three boys born on the same day 7-7 swear blood brotherhood at an ancient stone in the woods in Western Maryland. They release an ancient evil imprisoned there. Every seven years after that, the small town goes berserk with killings violence and fires and mayhem. The boys try to keep it under control.

Twenty-one years later, three women end up in the small town and it becomes clear that this seven times seven year will be the show-down.

Usually I like Roberts' fantasy oriented stories but horror is not my thing. By the time the third book rolled out the story of possibly the two more interesting lovers, I was tired of the blood, snakes, spiders and menance. When the evil being figuratively rapes one of the women and she sort of bounces back right away, I just got tired of it.

Great dog, though. Great supporting cast and the local color was great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pagan Stone.