Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ 's Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by Susannah Sandlin

Oct 28, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from October 26 to 27, 2012

Absolution is Mirren's book. He is the second in command to Aidan and also a master vampire who used to be known as the Slayer...aka the Executioner. But he left that life behind and is trying to find his true self when he is kidnapped and held prisoner. That's when he meets Glory. Knowing there's something different about her, he makes sure to bring her with him when he's rescued.

Mirren is a very complex character...and I've always have a thing for those haunted, tortured men who can be saved. It was interesting to see glimpses of his life and how he lives and it was funny seeing this through other people who were also seeing it for the first time. It made me laugh how he kept his tools in the kitchen because he never learned or needed to use the things in there!

I also liked Glory and it was intriguing to see how she learned to use her powers although I was disappointed that there wasn't more interaction between her and Hannah. I did enjoy her and Mirren but I wish there were more steamy scenes between the two of them.

Unlike the first book where we were finding out about the vampires, the town and the history, this book has much more action and fighting. There's some deaths that I'm not happy about and it's hard to not be hopeful. There's also quite a few little twists and turns that I didn't see coming and unfortunately, they are still having to deal with the bad guy who always seems to get away!

Overall, I was happy with the way the story went although I wish there would've been more down time and as I said, more time for Mirren and Glory. The focus is on the main couple but we get a lot of the other primary characters as well. It also sets up things for Will's book and who his mate might be.

Favorite quote:

♥ “You can beat your head against a wall trying to change the people you’re supposed to love, or you can walk away and make your own way.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Sharon :) Haven't heard of this series, it good?

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Blacky wrote: "Great review Sharon :) Haven't heard of this series, it good?"

thanks Blacky and yea its pretty good although i did like the first book better.