Sunny's Reviews > Anastasia Krupnik

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

Jan 15, 2009

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry
8/10
Anastasia, just ten, deals with her first crush, the death of her grandmother, and the birth of her new baby brother. I really would have loved this book as a kid, it uses big words and appreciated poetry that doesn't rhyme. I don't know how I missed it.

Why challenged? Language (damn and shit are both used, once or twice), Anastasia's list of things she hates, death, etc. Basically, for being a "real" book.

Research Says: Profanity

I have also read six other books in the series (there are 8 total) and they are all really good. I laughed out loud at nearly all of them. Only the first three have language issues, after that I think these books are pretty clean. As a whole, I rate this series and 8-9/10.Other titles in the series (and brief descriptions): Anastasia Again (moves to the suburbs and meets Gertustien), Anastasia At Your Service (gets a job as a maid and makes a new friend, Daphne), Anastasia, Ask Your Analyst (acquires several gerbils and a bust of Freud), Anastasia On Her Own (when her mom goes to California for a week, Anastasia realizes just how hard it is to run a household), Anastasia's Chosen Career (takes a modeling class and spends time with a bookstore owner), Anastasia at this Address (didn't read), Anastasia, Absolutely (gets a dog and helps capture a disgruntled postal worker).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anastasia Krupnik.